Once babies are born and discharged, one of the most common indications of pediatricians are so-called sunbaths, these can be taken at home, and usually especially in first-time parents is usually an unknown practice, also ignoring the benefits of them and the most appropriate way to perform them.
These sunbaths, in particular, are extremely important for the health of the newborn, because of the multiple benefits and vitality that they confer on the child. Therefore, it is essential that parents learn to perform them in the most appropriate way, considering that the skin of the newborn is very delicate.
How to perform sunbathing on newborns?
To perform sunbathing to newborns it is very important to take care of the baby’s skin from possible damage or injuries such as heatstroke or burns. The way to perform sunbathing safely is as follows:
- It is recommended to do the sunbathing before 10 am.
- Dress it in cotton clothes, thin and light colors.
- Placing them behind a window or glass through which the sun rays pass, the window serves as protection.
- The child can be held in the arms or placed in a baby carrier.
- It can also be placed in a car and walked for up to 10 minutes in the sun.
- Do not expose it more than 10 minutes to the sun, since the skin of babies is very sensitive.
How many days are the sunbaths needed?
The days of sunbathing are really indicated by the doctor of the newborn, so parents should follow the instructions given by the doctor about it, in most cases what is advised is only two or three weeks of exposure to sunlight, but if it is the case of premature babies or cases of jaundice stronger should strictly follow the medical indication.
In countries with long winters and low sunlight, these sunbaths for newborns is an excellent recommendation to get good levels of vitamin D, and thus avoid a number of diseases as time goes on, increasing the quality of life of these children and influencing in a very positive way their future lifestyle.
Benefits of sunbathing for newborns
- Production of vitamin D, since when penetrating the sun’s rays the skin, triggers a series of chemical reactions that give rise to the formation of vitamin D, indispensable for the absorption of calcium at the intestinal level, and thus maintain the levels of calcium and phosphorus within the normal limits.
- It helps to absorb calcium at the level of the bones.
- It helps to increase bone mineral density, reducing the incidence of fractures and favoring proper tooth formation.
- The sun allows the newborn to establish its natural biological clock.
- It greatly reduces neonatal jaundice.
- Avoid the onset of rickets in children.
What does Kalstein offer you?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of medical and laboratory equipment of the highest quality and the best technology at the best PRICES in the market, so you can make your PURCHASE with us, knowing that you have the service and advice of a company specialized in the field and committed to provide you with safe, economical and effective options for the performance of your functions in the right way. In this opportunity we present our Child bilirubin phototherapy unit YR02194.
All newborn patients with hyperbilirubinemia need the best care for threatening jaundice. Our line of phototherapy products provides you with the reliability and stability of LED-light intensive phototherapy for your baby patient. HERE
- The unit has a long life span providing 20,000 to 30,000 hours of light therapy.
- LED fluorescent lamp as radiant elements of phototherapy.
- The curing angle of the lamp can be adjusted horizontally.
- The height of the lamp head can be adjusted.
- The stainless steel bracket can be adjusted.
- Wheels can be locked
- Timer to record the phototherapy operation.
- Use in incubators, irradiant heat moses and any type of moses.
- The YR02194 unit with blue fluorescent tube has a separate frame that can be used with incubator, irradiant heat moses and any type of moses in family care.
- Widely applicable in all hospitals and clinics and optimized for babies with jaundice.
For more information we invite you to take a look at HERE