The intervention of water within the manufacturing and manufacturing processes in the pharmaceutical industry is of great importance, therefore, to be used, it is necessary to give a purification treatment prior to manufacture.
For this, it is necessary that the raw materials and inputs used, have a quality certificate that endorses their use, and the pharmaceutical industry, must ensure itself, the quality of water for the use of medicinal chemicals, and other products such as: cosmetics, perfumes, insecticides, fertilizers, veterinary products and a number of chemical components for various industries.
It should be emphasized that in order to achieve correct water quality and meet the requirements of pharmaceutical companies, water purification systems must be integrated, trained to meet the methods of obtaining and treating water, and ensure the quality of medicines.
Water as a Raw Material for the Pharmaceutical Sector
In Latin America, as in the rest of the world, industrial water has many uses, especially as a raw material, until its study as an important part in manufacturing systems.
The importance of water in the pharmaceutical industry is vital, and the quality of the final product depends greatly on its safety. Water is prepared from drinking water, suitable for human consumption. Therefore, a first level of decontamination is what constitute the state or regional regulations applicable in each area, to obtain drinking water.
Therefore, the pharmaceutical industry must have controlled levels of development, within reach of water purification treatments, from the early stages of pre-treatment, to the last stages of purification.
Depending on the use that the pharmaceutical industry will make of water, certain chemical and/or microbiological specifications will be required, including:
- Purified Water: is used for the preparation of products that require high biological quality water, but do not require water for injections.
- Highly Purified Water: Used as an ingredient in pharmaceutical preparations that require water of high biological quality; except that they require water quality for injections.
- Water for Injections: Used as an excipient in sterile preparations intended for parenteral administration, in washing of sterile preparation kits and in the preparation of some chemicals.
Processes used for water purification
In order to achieve correct water quality and meet the specifications established in each case, pharmaceutical companies must have highly trained equipment for water purification, storage and distribution, and thus be able to certify their quality systems. To do this, they use different processes of obtaining and treating water:
- Filtration: The treatment of water by filtration is one of the broadest in the water treatment sector, as it encompasses various quality benefits. This process, is a mechanical action in which a liquid is passed through a filter medium, to retain particles, substances or solids in suspension that want to be removed from the liquid to filter.
- Ion exchange: Allows the separation of dissolved ionic species, by transferring them from the liquid phase to a solid exchanger material, in which they replace other ions of the same electrical sign, which in turn pass to the liquid phase.
- Reverse osmosis: It has to do with membrane technology that employs a semi-permeable membrane, for water purification, removing ionic size particles. In the phenomenon of osmosis, the driving force that causes the movement of water is the solute concentration gradient, which presents an inverse direction to the flow of water, that is, the water moves to the side of the membrane, where the concentrated solution is located.
Water Purification Systems Brand Kalstein
At Kalstein, we are manufacturers of the most comprehensive technology in trained laboratory equipment, to meet all the demands of our customers. In this case, we offer you the Water Purification Systems belonging to the YR series, with general, and attractive features, such as; The water level sensor combined with the well bottom pump allows automatic water production controls on 5 levels. Water tank capacity includes 30L and 60L. In addition, an ultra large 350 L water tank is available for special needs. The water tank is manufactured by a cylindrical mold and a blow molding process to prevent veil generation. PE material ensures low extraction rates.
In addition, we offer extensive advice, with the best experts, so that your purchase is ideal and at excellent prices. To learn more about our catalog, visit HERE
For more information, visit our website at HERE